Getting Started in 2.0 Caseworker
An ICPC case requires a 100A for each child in the case. NEICE allows you to create a 100A in NEICE OR add a 100A that has been signed manually and scanned to upload it to the case. You can do this through the Sending Case Wizard (See step 22 c.).
When you are uploading a 100A, you will still need to enter the information in the Sending Case Wizard on the 100A/100B screen document before you can successfully upload the document to NEICE and have it appear as a 100A.
If you leave the wizard while creating the case before uploading the 100A, you can also navigate back to the case via the case search function on the left menu. You will then go to the Children in Case tab, and for the child who needs the 100A, you will click on Homestudy Request (100A). There you will fill out the 100A information and upload the paper document to the case. (See also Creating a 100A When Pausing AFTER Creating a Case job aid)
NOTE: NEICE will not recognize the scanned 100A until you've completed the required fields.
You can create a 100A via the Sending Case Wizard OR from within an existing case.
Purpose: This job aid will enable the Caseworker to create a NEICE case and send it to the ICPC Coordinator for review and transmission to the receiving state.
- Access and Navigation
- Access NEICE
- Access Add a Sending Case Wizard
- Start to Finish Case Creation to sending Message
- Best Practice - plan ahead
- Follow Wizard from Child Search to Send Message
- Case Creation Wizard
- Best Practice
- Create Child or Children
- Create Placement Resource
- Scan all documents to a known location accessible from within NEICE
- Select Add a Sending Case Wizard
- Create case around Primary child
- Best Practice
Process: Add a case using the Sending Case Wizard
- Select Sending Case Wizard
- NEICE will present the case Status bar across the top of the screen and Child search screen
- Enter the Child search criteria and select Search
- If NEICE returns the matching child, click in the checkbox and select Open Child
- If NEICE does not return the matching child, select Add New Child & Create a Case
- Add new child data or modify existing child data
- Demographic data
- Child Alias data
- Parent Information
- Child Jurisdiction
- Select Save & Continue to Case Details
- Notice the two completed sections (indicated with a green checkmark) on the progress bar and the child identifier section at the top
- Enter case information ensuring all required fields are completed:
- Receiving state information
- Current Legal Status of child
- Ensure you select either Public or Private Case Type
- Enter Regulation Type and Type of Care
- Enter any associated Subsidy
- Under PLACEMENT RESOURCE DETAILS select Search and Add a Placement Resource.
- Enter PR search parameters and select Search
- If no match is returned, select Add to create a new Organization or Individual Placement Resource
- If the correct match is returned, check the checkbox next to the PR ID and select Add to Case
- Enter the Placement Resource Relationship to Child. If the placement resource is an organization, select the option, Non-Relative
- Select Create Case & Continue to 100A/100B to continue working the case in the Wizard. At this point you can exit the Wizard and complete the case using Case Management. To exit, select Create Case & Exit. You may also select Save to save the data and remain in the Case Details stage
- Notice that the Case Status bar has three functions completed (Case Details added), and the screen displays the 100A input screen. The NEICE Case ID has been assigned to the case you created.
- Review Sections I & II of the 100A input screen. Data is pre-populated.
- In Section II, enter the Name of Agency or Person Responsible for Planning of Child, either an Individual or Organization.
- If an Organization is responsible, start typing the Organization name and NEICE will present the matching names for the user to select.
- In Section II, enter the Name of Agency or Person Financially Responsible for Child, either an Individual or Organization.
- If the Financially Responsible Individual is the same as Planning Responsible Individual or Organization, select the checkbox Same as Above.
- If there are additional children in the case, you will be given the option of copying planning and Financial parties from the primary or any other child you have added to the case.
- In Section II, enter agency if other than a residential treatment facility where the child will reside.
- In section III, ensure that the type of initial study requested if this is the initial request.
- In Section III, select the Supervisory Services Requested and the report frequency.
- In Section III, enter the Supervising Agency in Receiving State if known.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select:
- Save 100A if you want to Save and leave the Wizard
- Save & Generate 100A to continue in Wizard
- Save 100A & Upload a scanned 100A received as a signed document. NEICE will open up a box to select the file (pdf) you wish to upload. Navigate to where you saved the scanned 100A on your computer and upload it. After you save and upload, NEICE will return you to the documents page where you will see the 100A Attached (if you are an ICPC Coordinator) or uploaded if you are a caseworker.
- NEICE will display the 100A with your Name, Signature, and current date. Close the 100A.
- NEICE will display the Case Documents tab
- Add documents related to the Primary Child using the Upload New Document button:
- Select a Child Name (or leave blank to associate the document to the case)
- Select the Document Type
- Browse to file
- Select the file
- Select Save & Upload
- If there is another child to be included in this case, select Add Another Child to Case. If not, select Create Message.
- NEICE displays the Message input form.
- Enter the required data, including Agency and specific ICPC Coordinator (All is an option).
- Enter comments necessary for the ICPC Coordinator to process this request in the field Message.
- Select the documents to associate with this Message. The ICPC Coordinator will have access to 100A and 100B, and any other documents added to the case.
- Select Send.
- NEICE will review the Message for completeness, send the Message to the recipients. NEICE will send the case in Case Status Pending to the ICPC Central Office. NEICE will send an email to the recipients and a formal Notification indicating that a message has arrived.
- NEICE will display the Communications tab, with the envelope with a green check indicating that the Message was successful.