Summary: The Preliminary Home Study may also be initiated by a Caseworker and sent to the ICPC Central Office for the ICPC Coordinator to send a transmittal to the Sending state enclosing the same. This job aid will guide the ICPC Case Worker in the Receiving State to upload and send a Preliminary Home Study evaluation as a message to the ICPC Central office.
Note: Please follow the below steps to do so.
- Go to Documents tab and click on "Upload New Document", select the appropriate child from the “Child Name” drop-down and select the "Document Type" as "Preliminary Home Evaluation".
- Click on "Browse File" and choose the Preliminary Home Evaluation document from your computer and select "Save & Upload".
- From the Documents/Communications page, click on “Send Message” to send a MESSAGE to the ICPC Coordinator regarding the uploaded Preliminary Home Evaluation.
- Complete the Memo for the MESSAGE.
- At the bottom of the Memo in “Documents Associated:” select the box for the “Preliminary Home Evaluation” to ensure it is attached to the message.
- Click the “Send” button to send the MESSAGE.
- Once this message is sent, the date under Children in Case will be auto populated on the date field, “Preliminary HS Decision Report Received from CW On” under 100A/100B, Court & Other Dates tab (as shown in screenshot below).
- The Preliminary HS Decision Report Date field gets auto populated once the ICPC Coordinator in central office transmits the Preliminary Home Evaluation to the sending state. The Preliminary HS Report Date field is what NEICE uses to calculate the Safe and Timely Interstate Placement of Foster Children Act of 2006, 60-day timeline.
- A placement may not be made based on a Preliminary Home Evaluation.
- Communication within a state between the ICPC Caseworker and ICPC Coordinator are called MESSAGES in NEICE. Communication between the sending and receiving state ICPC Coordinators are called TRANSMITTALS in NEICE.