Purpose: Generating 100B Closure to close a case when the Sending Sate Withdraws a Home Study Request (100A).
This process should work for any case closure. We are using an example of the Withdrawing a case.
Overview: This job aid describes the process for closing a case when the sending state withdraws the request. Note the following:
- Caseworkers will start the case closure by Withdrawing the request and sending a 100B - Closure to the ICPC Coordinator.
- Only an ICPC coordinator can withdraw a request and close the case.
- Cases cannot be closed if the home study status of one or more children is pending. The case needs to be ACTIVE to be processed.
- Case needs to be closed by both states.
- Sending state should notify the receiving state via 100B of withdrawal. If all requests in the case are withdrawn, the sending state can close the case.
- Receiving state should change the Home Study Status to Withdrawn and close the case.
Steps to withdraw a case
- Navigate to the Children in Case tab (top menu)
- Click the Home Study Decision button to open screen.
- Select the Decision Withdrawn
- Select Save
- When the response from NEICE asks you to send a 100B to receiving state, click on Yes.
- Select Placement Decision (100B) button
- Select Termination Reason - Withdrawn
- Enter Date
- Select Save and Generate PDF
- Go to the Communications tab and Select Create a Transmittal
- Select the Transmittal Purpose "Sending 100B Closure".
- Enter Comments ensuring that the receiving state closes their case (if not already closed).
- Attach 100B-Closure
- Select Send
- Update Case Status to Closed and Save.
Caseworkers should send a message to ICPC Coordinator in central State office to alert them that you are requesting to withdraw and close the case.
ICPC Coordinators Will send transmittal with 100B-Closure to receiving State and SS ICPC Coordinator will close case. The Receiving State ICPC Coordinator will need to close it on the RS case side as well.