When you log into NEICE, NEICE should display your Dashboard. If the screen is blank or you see zeros, please follow these steps:
- Log out of NEICE
- Close your Google Chrome browser
- Open a new Google Chrome browser window
- Log into NEICE and view the full Dashboard.
Why does this happen? It appears to happen to some users if they leave the application without logging out at the end of the day or for the weekend. So for example, if you close the browser without logging out, your browser will still preserve the security credentials in the browser cache for future use. And, if you don't use the system for a long period of time (like over the weekend), the saved security credentials automatically expire as part of the security protections. At this point the users must re-login to the application.
But when the user logs in again, the system may show them a stored instance of the screen. The cached security credentials are not valid anymore and the backend server will not return any data. So the user may see zeros instead of their actual case information. So they will need to logout, and then login again to generate new security credentials.
- Users should logout when they are finished with NEICE instead of just closing the browser or leaving it idle. Similar to what we do with our bank websites.
- Also, users should start their work from the LIVE login page every time they login to NEICE. This will ensure new credentials are generated each time. Users can bookmark the following URL and make sure when they open up the application using this link which would show them their login page and get new credentials from the server.
Bookmark URL: https://live.neice.us/login for cloud states.
MCMS states should bookmark your state's main NEICE login page:
Our team is looking for a solution to give a message to the user and redirect them to the login page, but in the meantime, logging out and logging back in should resolve the issue. If this doesn't work, please submit a ticket.